Hey everyone! I know it’s been a while so I want to catch everyone up on where I’ve been and what I’ve been up to. At the beginning of the month, I went to Washington with Josh. We went to see my Grandma Dougherty for her 98th birthday. The trip was bitter-sweet, I’m glad I got to see her one last time as many of you know she did end up passing away this past week. It’s definitely been an emotional roller coaster that I’ve been trying to figure out. My friends all came out to dinner with me and it was really nice to see all of them. Once I got back from my trip is when life just started to go downhill. The past 3 weeks I’ve been having constant panic attacks, not feeling valued, as well a just being depressed. These feelings are not okay for anyone to go through so I had to figure out what the trigger was. I came to realize it was my job, after a lot of thinking I decided to resign from my current decision and honestly I’ve never felt better. Now I’ll be looking for a new job but this time around I’m not going to rush into anything and actually see what’s the best option for me because I know my worth and I will not have any employer make me feel less than that.
Here some are tips if you’re looking for a new job:
- Update your resume (If you need help, let me know I have a pretty good eye for design)
- Don’t be afraid to call employers
- It’s okay to let the recruiter know in your interview that you have some other options. Don’t feel pressured to accept a position on the spot.
- Plan out how much you need to earn to afford yourself
- ALWAYS go to your interviews dressed to impress, the first impression is everything
If anyone has any tips or just words of encouragement while I’m heading into this new life chapter please comment down below.